Monday 8 March 2010

Contents of the magazine

I came up with a list of stories that could be contained in the magazine. I decided for the contents page that it would be split into stories mainly done by genre, so for example i would have 4 boxes all with different genres and stories in. The genre's that will be contained in my mock up issue will be; Metalcore(Bring me the horizon, Killswitch Engage, Bullet for my valentine) Rap(eminem, kanye west, Jay Z), Electronic(Hadouken, The prodigy, Faithless) and finally Indie(MGMT, Vampire Weekend, Franz Ferdinand)
These 4 categories will make up the magazine this time however there are tons of other genres i could have chosen.
The stories that i plan to have on my contents page are so far:
-Exclusive interview with James Dutton(This will be my double page spread that i will write about, it will also be one of the main features on my cover and the artist will also be my cover model)
Metalcore;
-Bullet for my valentine tour review
-Trip to the top interview with Killswitch Engage.
-DropDead clothing sneak preview and interview with Oli Sykes.
-What to look out for in festival season.
-J, Crank live.
Rap:
-Marshal Mathers; a true tale.
-Boom, Kanye and Jay z at this years music awards.
-What 2010 has in store for rap
-Context Mc, Climbing the charts

Electronic:
-Hadouken's favourite boys and girls
-How to start making your own electronic
-interview with the Prodigy's tour manager.
-css, crystal castles tour dates

Indie:
-James Dutton Exclusive
-Vampire Weekend, the latitude low down
-I hate Everything about you
-The kooks review
-Skanks, new album

Finally i decided to add a "news" catagorie for general articles, in this issue there would be:
-In the news
-Download line up confirmation
-The killers and their new album.

1 comment:

  1. I like those ideas! Especially the bit about metalcore - very original! I think there are a lot of people out there like me, who like music across a variety of genres. Definitely a market there. I would buy it!

    ReplyDelete